Vice President of Sales
Location: Remote; Major US City
Start Date: November 1, 2020
We are looking for a dynamic sales professional who knows what it takes to get deals done in the sports, entertainment, and hospitality industries. If you have a strong network in these amazing industries and know how to run a sales cycle from qualification to close, then we should talk about this great opportunity. Our business is experiencing explosive growth, and as a result we need a sales leader who embraces rolling up their sleeves up and working in a fast-paced environment to help take our business to the next level. The main focus of this role will be to drive revenue, which could come in the result of direct sales to new clients and through partnership channels.
- Actively creating and growing the pipeline by leveraging internal resources and own professional network.
- Effectively closing customer deals to achieve revenue targets and assigned quota.
- Working closely with sales, lead development, marketing, strategic alliances, and customer success, to develop vertical specific lead generation campaigns.
- Accurately managing the pipeline and forecast, including keeping CRM system updated and reporting into management about status of sales opportunities.
- Working with respective departments across the company on lead development, partnerships, and customer success, to create and promote case studies and valuable content that can be used to market and sell.
- Actively producing blog content by collaborating and working with our clients, partners, and internal resources.
- Consulting with existing clients to foster strong relationships, customer success, account growth, and referrals.
- Participating and speaking at industry events that promote our brand and help drive qualified leads that result in achievement of revenue targets.
- Playing an active role in the internal feedback process to help continue to evolve our brand messaging, sales and marketing materials, product development, and customer success.
- Serving as a key brand ambassador at all times, producing and sharing content across all social channels and website.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management and/or technology-based field, or equivalent education, required.
- At least ten (10) years of sales experience within the sports, entertainment, and/or hospitality industries.
- Proven track record of sales success, meeting and exceeding quarterly and annual targets as an individual sales contributor.
- An engaging personality, along with a strong sales presence, an incredible internal drive, and the ability to forge meaningful, long-lasting business relationships.
- Proven track record negotiating contracts & closing revenue-generating, profitable sales.
- Strong network of professional contacts within the sports, entertainment, and/or hospitality industries.
- Technical knowledge of mobile or related tech software platform, SaaS and/or PaaS experience, preferred.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.
- Proven track record in an entrepreneurial start-up, software technology, and/or high growth environment.
- Strong work ethic, self – starter, driven to succeed.
- A good listener, with an ability to understand customer needs.
- High energy level.
- Creative, collaborative, and able to think outside the box.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Travel required – up to 50%.
Who We Are:
We are innovators in guest engagement and lean-forward, personalized experiences. Established in 2014, we started with the idea of creating a simpler approach to navigating multi-use districts, sports and entertainment venues, casinos, and resorts. We felt many of the capabilities existed, but there was a need for a single backend to connect all the technologies and enable them to operate harmoniously, along with providing a flexible user interface and elegant user experience.
Six years later, we now work with the most recognizable brands across sports, entertainment, and hospitality. Our best in class and proven platform (PaaS) connects technology ecosystems, facilitates e-commerce, and delivers cutting edge mobile-first experiences. With 185+ third-party integrations and counting, we provide our clients with unmatched flexibility to create an easier, safer, and more enjoyable experience for their guests.
At the core of Venuetize is a group of passionate, wildly talented, and collaborative individuals that push the envelope on what is possible – and we have fun while doing it! If you love solving tough challenges, making a difference, and having incredible career growth opportunities, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more by visiting http://www.venuetize.com , follow Venuetize on Twitter, or connect with us on LinkedIn.
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com.