Vice President of Software Engineering
Location: Tampa, FL
Start Date: June 3, 2019
This role is for a hands on, seasoned software engineering leader who has extensive experience leading a talented and geographically distributed team of software engineers, architects, and quality engineers. The candidate will be skilled in motivating, and managing world-class software teams responsible for developing and maintaining large scale software cloud platforms and systems while deploying native mobile application based on the platform.
As the hands on VP of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- Managing diverse and geographically distributed teams.
- Managing teams responsible for developing and maintaining world-class cloud based software platforms and systems.
- Facilitating team stand-ups, planning, and review meetings as Scrum master and functional manager.
- Leading code and design reviews for new functionality and bug fixes.
- Interviewing, hiring, and onboarding new developers to the team.
- Working to provide a comprehensive onboarding process for new engineers to indoctrinate them into the company development culture
- Providing technical guidance, mentorship, and assistance to direct reports.
- Participating in cross-functional planning and reviews with leads from the Product Management and Quality Assurance functions.
- Managing career planning for direct reports.
- Managing escalations, production issues, and new product deployments to customers.
- Deft at juggling many competing priorities and prioritizing for best results
- Overseeing Build, release, deployment, and configuration management activities.
- Working with the Chief Technology Officer to improve software processes and team culture, budget planning, platform roadmap execution planning, converting ideas and vision into executable tasks and general technology strategy.
- Masters / Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Equivalent Experience
- Must have leadership (not just management) experience. Must be able to guide and work with engineering teams, cross functional units, and upper-management.
- 10+ years software engineering team leadership.
- 5+ years managing teams of 20+ engineers, including teams that are geographically distributed & multi-national.
- 5+ years of experience leading the development of software cloud platforms and systems.
- 5+ years of experience leading native application mobile development, Life Cycle experience
- Strong experience with platform deployments – experience building and delivering highly scalable, reliable, and complex software systems on-time and on budget.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools such as JIRA. Scrum Master experience is a big plus.
- Experience working with AWS environment
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch.
- A commitment to writing quality code.
- An eagerness to learn new things and to help others do the same.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and project management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Strong customer relations/customer management skills.
- Ability to lead geographically distributed development teams.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Self-starter, proactive, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented and analytical
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com.