VP of Client Success
Location: Major US City; Remote
Start Date: December 1, 2021
We are looking for a dynamic, high-energy Vice President of Client Success (“VP of CS”) that has experience working in the sports, gaming and/or hospitality (“SG&H”) markets. This position is an incredible opportunity to work with a high growth mobile technology company that develops and sells B2B2C mobile-first solutions. The successful candidate will have a unique blend of client facing and customer support skills, with the ability to understand and translate technology against business needs. The VP of CS will be extremely entrepreneurial and excited by the opportunity to work with a rising leader in mobile technology. Reporting to the CRO, this is a senior-level role within the company that will be client focused, and will require the skills and aptitude to serve as a strong brand ambassador for the company to our clients and the industries we serve. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making our clients successful, and who can bring new ideas for mobile app ROI (including sponsorship activation) and measurement of client success. This role will work closely supporting sales, marketing, and product areas of the company, in addition to leading all aspects of the client success team.
- Lead the overall initiative for client success and client retention for the company.
- Tracking clients’ overall success, including renewals, customer satisfaction, and usage of Venuetize technology and solutions.
- Define client satisfaction metrics and ensure clients are being tracked and evaluated through regular touchpoints.
- Leading the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process and presentations across entire client base.
- Building a client success team, including recruiting, onboarding, and managing direct reports in the Client Success Manager (CSM) role.
- Advising clients on best practices on how to utilize Venuetize solutions.
- Acting as the liaison between internal Venuetize teams and clients, communicating customer feedback and requests to sales, marketing, product management, solutions engineering, and development teams.
- Proactively working with marketing to drive customer success stories, press releases, and webinars, to help drive new sales leads.
- Continuously working to ensure all clients are strong references for Venuetize. This is a significant focus area for this role.
- Tracking and gathering data that leads to success stories and references, including data on app store ratings and working with clients to improve app store ratings, downloads, and overall end-user adoption.
- Be a strong and vocal brand ambassador, working closely with sales, strategic alliances, and marketing, to promote our successes via social media channels (including but not limited to, LinkedIn) and industry events.
- Coordinating with external marketing and event vendors to ensure successful execution of industry sales and marketing events, including attending events in support of the sales, marketing, and business development teams.
- Attending onsite meetings at prospect and/or client sites as appropriate.
- Utilizing industry and trade content and magazines to identify industry trends, sharing pertinent information with sales, marketing and product teams to ensure the company stays on the cutting edge of the market and potential leads.
- Continuously researching and monitoring competitors in market, and sharing findings across the company to assist with GTM strategy and positioning.
- Assisting with sales operations to ensure a smooth flow of documentation required to close renewal and upsell business. Working closely with sales, legal, finance, and account teams on contracts to help drive revenue.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- At least eight (8) years of relevant work experience within the sports, gaming, and/or entertainment industries.
- At least three (3) years of experience leading a client success team.
- Technical knowledge and experience in mobile or related technology software platform, SaaS and/or PaaS.
- Unique blend of customer service skills with the ability to understand and translate technology into laymen’s terms.
- Ability to build and foster relationships, both with clients as well as internal stakeholders.
- Experience working with sponsorship brands, from idea to activation, a plus.
- Excellent communicator – exceptional written and verbal communication, listening, and negotiation skills.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment and/or startup.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, strong analytical skills and detail-oriented. Must have the ability to understand data and how to present as insights back to clients.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Travel required – up to 20%.
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.