Vice President of Business Development
Location: Remote; Major US City
Start Date: November 1, 2020
We are looking for a dynamic, high energy Vice President of Business Development (“VP of BD”) with a strong combination of business and technical experience, specifically working within our primary market verticals of sports, entertainment, and hospitality. The primary function of the VP of BD will be to source and qualify prospective leads that result in revenue for our business. This role requires the VP of BD to be skilled at building relationships that will drive new leads into our pipeline for the sales team. The VP of BD will work closely with the respective vertical sales leads, marketing, product, and other internal stakeholders, to drive and complete appropriate presales activities. These activities may include but are not limited to, identifying appropriate stakeholders at targeted customer leads, developing relationships with said stakeholders, follow up meetings, conference calls, presentations and attending industry conferences and events. The VP of BD will also serve as a strong brand ambassador for our company. We are looking for someone who knows how to quickly qualify a sales opportunity in or out, and can leverage their network and experience. Understanding how to identify, develop, and manage partnerships will be a key focus. Experience working reseller, channel, and VAR partnerships is also highly valued in this role.
- Working as the primary point of contact identifying and qualifying new sales leads and revenue opportunities.
- Advising leads and prospects on how to best to utilize the company’s solutions to address their business requirements.
- Identifying, qualifying, and closing deals with key partners, including channel, referral, and value added reseller partnerships.
- Working with internal resources to create campaigns that result in new leads, and then qualifying the initial leads to the point they are revenue opportunities that will be transferred to the sales team.
- Effectively communicating technical solutions and speaking to how those solutions address and solve business challenges.
- Working with the sales team to architect optimal solutions and create and respond to proposals, including but not limited to RFPs.
- Professionally delivering comprehensive product demonstrations, both in person and via online channels.
- Representing and presenting our products and solutions to prospective customers and partners at events such as conferences, webinars, user group forums, etc.
- Accurately conveying prospects’ requirements to Product Management and Customer Delivery teams.
- Playing an active role in the internal feedback process to drive platform enhancements, marketing campaigns, and upsell opportunities.
- Keeping accurate notes and detailed updates in the CRM on all prospect and partnership activities, including outlining next steps and action items.
- Acting as a brand ambassador for the company, including promoting our work via online social business channels.
- Ability to travel throughout the entire sales territory, largely in North America with potential for international travel as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management and/or a technology related field, or equivalent education is required.
- At least eight (8) years of previous business development and/or sales experience selling into the sports, entertainment, and/or hospitality industries.
- Competent technical knowledge of mobile or related technologies software platforms. SaaS and/or PaaS experience, preferred.
- Ability to articulate complex technical information in laymen’s terms to prospects.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.
- Proven track record in an entrepreneurial start-up, software technology, and/or high growth environment.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, and driven to succeed.
- Ability to work independently; self-directed.
- A good listener, with an ability to understand customer needs.
- High energy level.
- Creative, collaborative, and able to think outside the box.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills.
- Travel required – up to 50%.
Who We Are:
We are innovators in guest engagement and lean-forward, personalized experiences. Established in 2014, we started with the idea of creating a simpler approach to navigating multi-use districts, sports and entertainment venues, casinos, and resorts. We felt many of the capabilities existed, but there was a need for a single backend to connect all the technologies and enable them to operate harmoniously, along with providing a flexible user interface and elegant user experience.
Six years later, we now work with the most recognizable brands across sports, entertainment, and hospitality. Our best in class and proven platform (PaaS) connects technology ecosystems, facilitates e-commerce, and delivers cutting edge mobile-first experiences. With 185+ third-party integrations and counting, we provide our clients with unmatched flexibility to create an easier, safer, and more enjoyable experience for their guests.
At the core of Venuetize is a group of passionate, wildly talented, and collaborative individuals that push the envelope on what is possible – and we have fun while doing it! If you love solving tough challenges, making a difference, and having incredible career growth opportunities, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more by visiting http://www.venuetize.com , follow Venuetize on Twitter, or connect with us on LinkedIn.
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.