Technical Solutions Manager
Location: Tampa, FL
Start Date: February 5, 2020
The Product Team at Venuetize is seeking a hard-working, collaborative Technical Solutions Manager (TSM) to complement our team and help support the management and development of our native mobile applications. The TSM is involved with both internal and external technical teams as a technical sounding board, able to review, analyze and provide technical direction to solutions as well as evaluate the capabilities of the existing product and existing customer requested solutions. The Technical Solutions Manager will be expected to occasionally travel to meet with stakeholders and other extended team members for the planning and execution of mobile product delivery.
As the Technical Solutions Manager, you will participate in intensive product discovery workshops with key customers, analysis with potential new integrations into our platform, development of POC’s for new integrations into the platform and working with our incumbent integration partners and Development team to validate new and revised API and SDK protocols. You will work with the Development team leads to assess the designs created by our Mobile Designers for technical feasibility and help groom behavior driven user stories prepared by our Product Managers to ensure they are ready for development. You will assist in release planning activities and help manage the release train. You will continually take everything you learn while operating at the front end of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and collaborate with our Platform Architects and Developers to help scale and streamline the platform.
The TSM plays a critical hands-on role in managing the interaction and roll-out of complex technical features with our large, strategic customers. This is a highly visible role with significant ownership. A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience as a hands-on technical expert involved in every aspect of the SDLC in a highly Agile environment.
Qualities We Are Seeking
- A self-starter who is confident and able to move projects forward with little direction, while working as part of a cohesive team
- An innovative, flexible, on-your-feet technical problem solver, able to advocate for what you think is important while knowing when to listen for alternative concerns and approaches that the team may have missed
- A rare combination of intelligence, vision, empathy, and “get it done” attitude
- Fearless in the face of the sometimes chaotic, always changing startup environment
- Team-first attitude
- A desire to help us build a technology start-up in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to make a difference in a small, start-up environment
- Intellectual curiosity to research, learn, and apply industry knowledge
- Comfortable with managing multiple projects concurrently
- Equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with multiple responsibilities
- An understanding of the mobile landscape and experience with native application design and development standards.
Our Product Team is a three-legged stool, straddling the business, user experience and technology needs of our customers and our company. We take a design-first approach. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a high fidelity mockup is priceless. You must be willing to dive deep into the details while maintaining the full picture and guiding everybody you work with toward delivering on the vision. You must be committed to a team-first approach, coaching and mentoring team members and co-workers and providing leadership by example.
Our pipeline is overflowing. If you’re hungry to drive the progress, we’d love to talk with you.
Who We Are
We are innovators in people engagement for businesses where large groups of people congregate. Venuetize is a mobile-first platform as a service, leveraging an integrated ecosystem that optimizes the intersection of personalized data, marketing analytics, relevant/targeted content, and interactive technologies in order to acquire, retain, and monetize loyal user bases across multiple market verticals. Venuetize’s platform specializes in deep third party integrations and location-detection for contextual awareness. Venuetize was established in 2014 as a means of capitalizing on the highly fragmented market around the venue-based sports and entertainment industry.
Venuetize is growing at a rapid pace which creates outstanding opportunities and exciting challenges. Using our market-ready, cloud-based platform, we provide innovative, mobile-first solutions that are dynamic, interactive, and social, experience-driven, and lifestyle-oriented. Our platform offers a centralized orchestration layer connecting various venue services, disparate infrastructure, systems, and bi-directional data and analytics to dynamically serve up contextually-relevant and personalized content, experiences, and services to users via their mobile devices. A user’s context is derived by combining time, location-detection sensors, self-identified preferences, and user behavioral analytics. And the result is an unparalleled engine powering personalized user experiences and targeted customer engagement.
For more information, visit http://www.venuetize.com, follow Venuetize on Twitter or connect with Venuetize on LinkedIn.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering, software development management, or a related technical field
- Graduate degree, with relevant undergraduate success in a technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience with project management software tools, including the Atlassian suite of products (Confluence, JIRA)
- The technical skill to analyze complex systems integrations and drive scalable solutions
- Excellent oral and written communications, presentation and negotiation skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, product managers, and senior business leaders
- Strong analytical skills – The ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues
- Proven experience working in an entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Proven track record of working with multiple project stakeholders, including internal, customer and third-party vendors – customer leaders and senior level executives both internal and external
- Experienced as the decision-maker – able to identify and strategize a technical combination of problem solving and end-user experience
- Experienced being a primary contributor in Agile Release Management activities
- Experienced and successful with scaling programs quickly, while still making them stable and cost-effective
- Deep understanding of mobile app ecosystems and related technologies, such as REST API’s, SDK’s, Push Notification Services, oAuth, HLS, JSON, XML, etc.
- Mobile app lifecycle experience
- Experience with Kanban, dual-track agile or Lean flow based product development processes
- PMP or APM Certifications
- Scrum Certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP, CSD)
- Proficiency with proximity-based technology driving interactive experiences
- Experience in the Internet of Things (IoT) vertical
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.