Technical Product & Project Manager
Location: Tampa, FL
Start Date: September 1, 2019
We are currently seeking a hard-working, collaborative Technical Product & Project Manager to complement our team and help support the management, development, and delivery of our native mobile applications.
This is a customer-facing role that requires the Technical Product & Project Manager to work with a wide set of functional teams and stakeholders, both internal and external, including Sales, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Legal, Creative Services, Marketing, as well as third party vendors. Therefore, excellent cross-functional collaboration and influencing skills and a solid understanding of how business and technology teams operate are essential. You will need to be someone who is a self-starter, can dive deep and quickly learn business, technology, and organization. TPMs are our “fixers”, able to creatively unblock project impediments and mediate between teams to resolve issues in a dynamic environment. We keep our tempo high, so you must be able to “hustle” to get things done.
As Technical Product & Project Manager at Venuetize, you will work closely with our customers and UI/UX designers to flesh out feature concepts, innovative UI designs, and intuitive UX flows. The Technical Product & Project Manager will also work closely with our client-side and back-end engineering teams to take ideas from design to launch. You must be willing to dive deep into the details while maintaining the full picture and guiding everybody you work with toward delivering on the vision while managing client requirements and expectations.
The Technical Product & Project Manager will travel regularly to meet with stakeholders and other team members in the planning and execution of mobile product delivery. This is a hands-on role including brainstorming new opportunities, writing behavior-driven user stories, leading product discovery workshops, and working closely with clients, engineering, and partner teams to ensure execution. Our pipeline is overflowing. If you’re hungry to drive a piece, we’d love to talk with you.
Who We Are:
We are innovators in people engagement for businesses where large groups of people congregate. Venuetize is a mobile-first platform as a service (PaaS), leveraging an integrated ecosystem that optimizes the intersection of personalized data, marketing analytics, relevant/targeted content, and interactive technologies in order to acquire, retain, and monetize loyal user bases across multiple market verticals. Venuetize’s platform specializes in deep third party integrations and location-detection for contextual awareness. Venuetize was established in 2014 as a means of capitalizing on the highly fragmented market around the venue-based sports and entertainment industry.
Venuetize is growing at a rapid pace which creates outstanding opportunities and exciting challenges. Using our market-ready, cloud-based platform, we provide innovative, mobile-first solutions that are dynamic, interactive, and social, experience-driven, and lifestyle-oriented. Our platform offers a centralized orchestration layer connecting various venue services, disparate infrastructure, systems, and bi-directional data and analytics to dynamically serve up contextually-relevant and personalized content, experiences, and services to users via their mobile devices. A user’s context is derived by combining time, location-detection sensors, self-identified preferences, and user behavioral analytics. And the result is an unparalleled engine powering personalized user experiences and targeted customer engagement.
For more information, visit http://www.venuetize.com, follow Venuetize on Twitter or connect with Venuetize on LinkedIn.
- Lead the successful delivery of complex technical projects involving multiple third parties.
- Gather client requirements and create behavior-driven user stories to help guide the development of our native mobile applications.
- Plan, facilitate, and lead intense collaborative product design workshops with high profile clients.
- Manage backlog and work closely with cross-functional team to managing the prioritization of new client deliverables, existing client enhancements, and bugs.
- Participate in release planning activities and help manage the release train.
- Develop and Manage project communication plans to a broad stakeholder audience, including customers and internal executives as well as technology and business teams, and third-party vendors.
- Manage multiple, large-scale, simultaneous client-facing projects.
- Manage all activities around client implementations, including schedule, budget, risk, dependencies, and maintaining high client satisfaction in a dynamic, cross-functional environment.
- Travel to customer sites to facilitate and participate in hands-on testing of mobile solutions.
- Manage customer expectations and build a trusting and mutually beneficial relationship with customer.
- Explain difficult concepts, issues, and persuade others to adopt a point of view; anticipate and communicate ramifications of decisions and issues to project stakeholders
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with our Client Success Specialists on UAT related activities.
- Collect and measure customer feedback to improve product development strategy.
Keep a pulse on our key target industries, including best practices and trends to create best-in-class apps.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a digital environment.
- 2+ years of mobile product/program management experience in a dual-track agile or similar lean startup product management and development methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of working with multiple project stakeholders, including internal, client, and third-party vendors.
- Excellent oral and written communications, presentation, and negotiation skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with client, internal teams, and senior business leaders.
- Experience working in a remote environment with a distributed workforce across multiple time zones.
- Able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Must be a diligent, highly organized, execution-oriented professional, with an ability to grasp the big picture, demonstrate attention to detail, and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues.
- An understanding of the mobile landscape and experience with native application design and development standards.
- Intellectual curiosity to research, learn, and apply industry knowledge.
- Equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution.
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
The Technical Product and Project Manager must be:
- An innovative, flexible, on-your-feet problem solver, able to advocate for what you think is important while knowing when to listen for alternative concerns and approaches you may have missed.
- An excellent communicator (written and oral) and obsessively organized. You need to be able to fluently speak business and tech. You can manage multiple projects across various stages and keep them all on track.
- Equally comfortable authoring stories for front-end and back-end development teams.
- Ultimately responsible for delivering product experiences that delight our customers.
- A rare combination of intelligence, vision, empathy, and “get it done” attitude.
- User-focused product design instincts and a relentless attitude about solving complicated problems with a simple user experience.
- Experienced as the decision-maker taking a product from early vision to success in the market.
- A self-starter who is confident and able to move projects forward with little direction.
Up to 50% travel required, depending on business needs.
- Active PMP certification
- Additional Scrum Certifications (CSM, CSP, CSD).
- Working knowledge of a pull-based Kanban development paradigm
- Domain knowledge and experience in mobile commerce, e-commerce, point of sale systems, digital marketing, and/or loyalty is valued.
- Domain knowledge and experience in live events, sports and entertainment, casino operations, retail environments, and/or health care is valued.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- Deep understanding of mobile interface design with proficiency in Apple Human Interface Guidelines and Google Material Design Specifications.
- Proficiency with proximity-based technology driving interactive experiences.
- Experience in the Internet of Things vertical.
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com.
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.