Technical Lead – Java
Location: Tampa, FL; Remote
Start Date: February 1, 2021
We are currently seeking a talented Technical Lead to join our Java/Backend Development team. This position will lead a team of developers through technical design, execution and deployment of Java/Backend modules in Venuetize’s Technology Platform.
- Technical Design for Java/Backend Modules that scale and perform in a large multi-tenant platform
- Understanding non-technical product requirements and converting them into technical design that can be easily understood by technical developers
- Responsibility for estimating and assigning development tasks to team members and ensuring completion of assigned tasks
- Coordinating development efforts and activities across remote, distributed teams
- Serving as the primary resource for evangelizing and training team members on the newest and/or upcoming technologies or processes
- Detailed, clear and consistent communication, both verbal and written, with project stakeholders on development progress and project risks
- Own the quality of the backend team deliveries, from code, design/architecture and quality of the business function delivered
- Prepare comprehensive documentation and ensure timely completion of work
- Promote Secure Coding, Standards and Best Practices
- Stay on top of ever evolving technology landscape and make recommendations for process or technology upgrades
- 5+ years of hands-on software design and development experience, at least 3 of which should be in a technical leadership role
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience developing Web Applications and Services using JAVA/JAVA EE, Spring and other related technologies
- Relational database development experience (Preferably MySql) and proficiency with basic SQL concepts
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and leadership skills with ability to handle multiple activities in a dynamic and energizing environment
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo etc.)
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership and accountability
- Solid experience in writing Unit Tests; executing, performing system and integration testing
- Experience with modern engineering practices, cloud computing (AWS) and development using microservices architecture is a strong plus
- Good understanding of application debugging and monitoring skills with the latest tools available in the market
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Domain knowledge and experience with major sports leagues content
- Experience with Kafka on a professional project
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
Up to 25% travel required, depending on business needs.
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.