Location: Tampa, FL
Start Date: June 1, 2020
Venuetize has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator. We are looking for a smart, articulate IT person who is excited about joining our mobile apps and platform Dev Ops team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Linux CentOS, Amazon Web Services (both legacy and latest technology)
- Server instance support, troubleshooting, and operations
- AWS Cloud Operations including CloudFront, CloudWatch, SNS Topics, Lambda Functions, Network and Security Tools & Operations
- Database Operations primarily RDS, MySQL configuration, management and security
- Health monitoring and reporting
- Capacity Planning & AWS Cost Reporting
- Third Party Vendor Initiatives
- Configuration, management (including user management) and troubleshooting Bitbucket repositories, Terraform, Ansible
- Atlassian Jira/Confluence/Service Desk, PagerDuty and other services
- Assisting developers and architects troubleshoot server-side applications; processes and applications investigation and implementation to improve and increase system reliability and security
- A deep understanding of distributed system design and dependency management
- A strong grasp of monitoring tools, approach and implementation
- Strong experience in proving suggestions regarding the application scalability and load balancing
Who We Are:
We are innovators in people engagement for businesses where large groups of people congregate. Venuetize is a mobile-first platform as a service, leveraging an integrated ecosystem that optimizes the intersection of personalized data, marketing analytics, relevant/targeted content, and interactive technologies in order to acquire, retain, and monetize loyal user bases across multiple market verticals. Venuetize’s platform specializes in deep third party integrations and location-detection for contextual awareness. Venuetize was established in 2014 as a means of capitalizing on the highly fragmented market around the venue-based sports and entertainment industry.
Venuetize is growing at a rapid pace which creates outstanding opportunities and exciting challenges. Using our market-ready, cloud-based platform, we provide innovative, mobile-first solutions that are dynamic, interactive, and social, experience-driven, and lifestyle-oriented. Our platform offers a centralized orchestration layer connecting various venue services, disparate infrastructure, systems, and bi-directional data and analytics to dynamically serve up contextually-relevant and personalized content, experiences, and services to users via their mobile devices. A user’s context is derived by combining time, location-detection sensors, self-identified preferences, and user behavioral analytics. And the result is an unparalleled engine powering personalized user experiences and targeted customer engagement.
For more information, visit http://www.venuetize.com, follow Venuetize on Twitter or connect with Venuetize on LinkedIn.
- At least 3+ years of CentOS Linux, Support is required
- Troubleshooting Experience in code configuration and management tools such as SVN, CVS, TeamCity, Git/GitHub is desirable.
- At least 2+ years Configuration management (including user management) utilizing – Terraform, Ansible is required.
- At least 2+ years of hands on operational experience with AWS, along with a working knowledge of cloud architectures is desirable.
- Experience with collaborating in a geographically and globally distributed team of engineers
- Self-starter, proactive, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented and analytical
- Willingness to work over the weekend and/or extended hours
- Experience working with or contributing directly to Open Source projects
- Understanding and experience in managing technology products
- Experience in working with failure-based testing
- Strong experience using continuous integration practices & tools (Jenkins, Hudson CI and other CI/CD tools) is a plus
- WSO2 experience is a plus
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.