Location: Tampa, FL; Remote
Start Date: November 15, 2020
We are currently seeking a hard-working, hands on Support Engineer to assist our Customer Service and Engineering Teams in the delivery and support of our native mobile applications, Web Applications and APIs.
This is a support role that requires the Support Engineer to work with a wide set of Product personnel, functional teams and stakeholders, both internal and external, including: Customer Support, Engineering, Clients, as well as Third Party vendors. Therefore, excellent technical skills, communication (both written and oral), cross-functional collaboration, Technical Troubleshooting and information gathering skills are essential. You will need to be someone who is hands on, and willing to jump into any situation and use technical tools to review logs, test APIs, to determine the issue and provide guidance on configurations and troubleshooting steps for both internal and external applications. The Support Engineer must be able to quickly learn new technologies and fully understand integration partners’ processes, environments, user interfaces and APIs, as well as communicate with Third Party Vendors to resolve issues. The Support Engineer will be a Subject Matter Expert on internal and external software. As well as be part of the software development life cycle for the delivery of applications and platform enhancements. We keep our tempo high, so you must be able to assist with very time sensitive support issues and communicate well with all involved parties to get things done.
As the Support Engineer at Venuetize, you will be counted on to understand all features and integrations in the Venuetize Platform. You will also be included in initial implementations, configurations, and end to end testing of each new integration or enhancement request. Therefore, there should be a full understanding of the requirements and the integration specific details that will be required for future support. As the Support Engineer, you will also be counted on to create integration specific documentation which will allow additional teammates to troubleshoot and confirm configuration details when needed.
The Support Engineer will report directly to the Director of Technical Solutions in order to get integration details, use cases, and detailed specifications for third party technology being integrated into the platform. The Support Engineer will work directly with Third Party software providers for client specific access for new integrations, as well as escalating production issues.
- Leading troubleshooting and information gathering sessions on urgent mission critical issues.
- Using multiple technical tools to quickly test and pinpoint issues that may involve multiple modules and third parties including checking logs and APIs.
- Assist with end to end testing and debugging in order to confirm configurations meet client requirements.
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert on Third Party Software being integrated into the platform.
- Liaising with Third Party Vendors as a main point of contact for access credentials and escalating support issues.
- Assisting in initial client specific configurations required to meet the detailed use cases per client and per integration.
- Conducting on site configuration tests for initial set up and troubleshooting.
- Providing Engineering teams, both internal and third party, with specific technical details that can show exactly where an issue resides.
- Creating documentation on client specific configurations and use cases.
- Creating documentation on integration specific use cases to provide to the Product Team to understand any integration limitations.
- Liaising with Customer Support to understand Incident Management statuses of all customers.
- Help ensure standardization across integrations for multiple modules.
- Coaching Customer Support on information gathering requirements to improve issue resolution time.
- Participate in Grooming meetings to understand requirements and work pipeline, as well as give updates on any open issues.
- Reviewing Backlog items to assist in estimating level of effort for enhancements.
Up to 25% travel required, depending on business needs.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a digital environment.
- 5+ years of Technical Support experiene.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to interpret data, run quick tests, analyze issues, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues.
- Ability to use multiple tools to test APIs, Review Logs, Debug App API calls, and review Data Objects to pinpoint issues
- Technical documentation experience creating supporting documentation that can be used by multiple audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of working with multiple direct reports, project stakeholders, including internal, client, and third-party vendors.
- Excellent oral and written communications, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with direct reports, clients, various internal teams, third party vendors and executive leadership team.
- Experience working in a remote environment with a distributed workforce across multiple time zones.
- Able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Must be able to function in a highly stressful urgent environment when production issues arise.
- An understanding of the mobile landscape and experience with native application design and development standards.
- Intellectual curiosity to research, learn, and apply industry knowledge.
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle and pushing projects across the finish line to go live.
- Domain knowledge and experience in mobile commerce, e-commerce, point of sale systems, digital marketing, and/or loyalty is valued.
- Domain knowledge and experience in live events, sports and entertainment, casino operations and/or retail environments is valued.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com.