Sr. Product Manager
Location: Remote; Major US City
Start Date: June 14, 2021
We are currently seeking a passionate collaborative Sr. Product Manager to complement our team and help support the management, development, and delivery of our Sports, Entertainment and Casino product lines. The perfect candidate will help develop, drive and advance Venuetize’s Mobile Commerce product strategy, while also managing key external partner accounts.
This is a customer-facing role that requires the Sr. Product Manager to work with a wide set of functional teams and stakeholders, both internal and external, including Sales, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Legal, Creative Services, Marketing, as well as third party vendors. Therefore, excellent cross-functional collaboration and influencing skills and a solid understanding of how business and technology teams operate are essential. You will need to be someone who is a self-starter, can dive deep and quickly learn business, technology, and organization. Our PM’s are our “Conductors”; able to creatively organize disparate teams, accurately convey User Stories, Requirements, and Acceptance Criteria to development, unblock project impediments and insure successful delivery of new software products to our clients. We keep our tempo high, so you must be able to “hustle” to get things done.
As Sr. Product Manager at Venuetize, you will work closely with our customers and UI/UX designers to flesh out feature concepts, innovative UI designs, and intuitive UX flows. The Sr. Product Manager will also work closely with our client-side and back-end engineering teams to take ideas from design to launch. You must be willing to dive deep into the details while maintaining the full picture and guiding everybody you work with toward delivering on the vision while managing client requirements and expectations.
The Sr. Product Manager will meet regularly with stakeholders and other team members in the planning and execution of mobile product delivery. This is a hands-on role including brainstorming new opportunities, writing behavior-driven user stories, leading product discovery workshops, and working closely with clients, engineering, and partner teams to ensure execution. Our pipeline is overflowing. If you’re hungry to drive a piece, we’d love to talk with you.
The Sr. Product Manager must be:
- An innovative, flexible, on-your-feet problem solver, able to advocate for what you think is important while knowing when to listen for alternative concerns and approaches you may have missed.
- An excellent communicator (written and oral) and obsessively organized. You need to be able to fluently speak business and tech. You can manage multiple projects across various stages and keep them all on track.
- Equally comfortable authoring User Stories for front-end and back-end development teams.
- Ultimately responsible for delivering product experiences that delight our customers.
- A rare combination of intelligence, vision, empathy, and “get it done” attitude.
- User-focused product design instincts and a relentless attitude about solving complicated problems with a simple user experience.
- Experienced as the decision-maker taking a product from early vision to success in the market.
- A self-starter who is confident and able to move projects forward with little direction.
Up to 35% travel required, dependent on business needs.
- Take extreme ownership of internal Venuetize products, increase product ROI, decrease time to market/deployment, research of the competitive landscape, A/B testing of software prototypes, and challenging the status quo of our industry and verticals.
- Defining and managing priorities that line up with product strategy in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Design an achievable product roadmap and own iterative delivery of that roadmap
- Lead the successful delivery of complex technical products and projects involving multiple third parties.
- Gather client requirements and author User Stories to help guide the development of our native mobile applications.
- Plan, facilitate, and lead intense collaborative product design workshops with high profile clients.
- Manage multiple Product Backlogs and work closely with cross-functional teams to prioritize new client deliverables, existing client enhancements, and bugs.
- Participate in release planning activities and help manage the release train.
- Develop and Manage project communication plans to a broad stakeholder audience, including customers and internal executives as well as technology and business teams, and third-party vendors.
- Manage multiple, large-scale, simultaneous client-facing projects.
- Manage all activities around client implementations, including schedule, budget, risk, dependencies, and maintaining high client satisfaction in a dynamic, cross-functional environment.
- Travel to customer sites to facilitate and participate in hands-on testing of mobile solutions.
- Manage customer expectations and build a trusting and mutually beneficial relationship with customer.
- Explain difficult concepts, issues, and persuade others to adopt a point of view; anticipate and communicate ramifications of decisions and issues to project stakeholders
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with our Client Success Specialists on UAT related activities.
- Collect and measure customer feedback to improve product development strategy.
- Keep a pulse on our key target industries, including best practices and trends to create best-in-class apps.
- 5+ years of direct experience as an Agile Product Owner, utilizing the Scrum Framework, preferably working with both B2B and B2C software products.
- 5+ years of direct experience designing and delivering mobile apps and software, with an emphasis on Commerce and mobile payments.
- The ability to concisely demonstrate a business issue and the specific software product solution for the scenario.
- Employs industry Best Practices and behavior-driven software designs to drive user engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of working with multiple project stakeholders, including internal, client, and third-party vendors.
- Excellent oral and written communications, presentation, and negotiation skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with client, internal teams, and senior business leaders.
- Experience working in a remote environment with a distributed workforce across multiple time zones.
- Able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Must be a diligent, highly organized, execution-oriented professional, with an ability to grasp the big picture, demonstrate attention to detail, and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues.
- An understanding of the mobile landscape and experience with native application design and development standards.
- Intellectual curiosity to research, learn, and apply industry knowledge.
- Equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution.
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com.