Sr. Cloud Systems Administrator
Location: Remote; Major US City
Start Date: April 15, 2021
Venuetize has an immediate opening for a Senior Cloud Systems Administrator. We are looking for a smart, articulate IT person who is excited about joining our mobile apps and platform DevSecOps team.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience in the following areas:
- Amazon Web Services (both legacy and latest technology)
- Server instance support, troubleshooting, and operations
- AWS Cloud Operations including CloudFront, CloudWatch, SNS Topics, Lambda Functions, Network and Security Tools & Operations
- Database Operations primarily RDS, MySQL configuration, management and security
- Health monitoring and reporting
- Capacity Planning & AWS Cost Reporting
- Third Party Vendor Initiatives
- Configuration, management (including user management) and troubleshooting Bitbucket repositories, Terraform, Ansible
- Atlassian Jira/Confluence/Service Desk, PagerDuty and other services
- Assisting developers and architects troubleshoot server-side applications; processes and applications investigation and implementation to improve and increase system reliability and security
- A deep understanding of distributed system design and dependency management
- A strong grasp of monitoring tools, approach and implementation
- Strong experience in proving suggestions regarding the application scalability and load balancing
- At least 5 years of in-depth, hands on operational experience with AWS, required, along with a working knowledge of other cloud architectures is desirable
- At least 5 years of CentOS Linux, Support, Troubleshooting Experience in code configuration and management tools such as SVN, TeamCity, Git, Bitbucket.
- Experience with collaborating in a geographically and globally distributed team of engineers
- Experience/exposure in developing container-based approach on Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins etc.
- Self-starter, proactive, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented and analytical
- Willingness to work over the weekend and/or extended hours
- Experience working with or contributing directly to Open Source projects
- Understanding and experience in managing technology products
- Experience in working with failure-based testing
- Strong experience using continuous integration practices & tools (Jenkins, Hudson CI and other CI/CD tools) is a plus
- WSO2 experience is a plus
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com.