Senior Systems Admin/Dev Ops Engineer/Manager
Location: Tampa, FL
Start Date: June 3, 2019
Venuetize has an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Admin/Dev Ops Engineer/Manager. We are looking for a smart, articulate IT person who is excited about growing our mobile apps and platform Dev Ops team.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience in the following areas:
- Excellent knowledge of Amazon Web Services (both legacy and latest technology).
- Creating and configuring, while importing pre-existing, Amazon Web Services.
- EC2 instance, RDS, MySQL configuration, management and security.
- Server instance health monitoring and reporting.
- Other Related software knowledge, including but not limited to: Terraform, Ansible, Nagios and Check_MK.
- Assisting developers and architects troubleshooting server-side applications; processes and applications investigation and implementation to improve and increase system reliability and security.
- Configuration, management (including user management) and troubleshooting Bitbucket repositories, Atlassian Jira/Confluence/Service Desk, PagerDuty and other services.
- Strong expertise in designing and implementing security across systems.
- Knowledge of WSO2 software, especially knowledge of Identity is a big plus.
- Senior level in-depth, hands-on operational experience with AWS, required, along with a working knowledge of other cloud architectures is desirable.
- WSO2 experience is a plus.
- Comfortable with configuration management principles and an ability to code your desired state.
- A deep understanding of distributed system design and dependency management.
- A strong grasp of monitoring tools, approach and implementation.
- Strong experience using continuous integration practices & tools (Jenkins, Hudson CI and other CI/CD tools) is a plus.
- Strong experience in proving suggestions regarding the application scalability and load balancing.
- At least 3 years of experience of managing a small Dev Ops and/or IT team.
- An established history of working in Agile teams.
- Experience with collaborating in a geographically and globally distributed team of engineers.
- Experience/exposure in developing container-based approach on Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience in Code configuration and Management tool like SVN, CVS, TeamCity, Git/GitHub, etc.
- Previous experience of contributing to war rooms and blameless postmortems.
- Self-starter, proactive, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and analytical.
- Experience of working in a true DevOps environment with regular collaborations.
- Willingness to work over weekend and/or extended hours during production deployments.
- Experience of working with or contributing directly to Open Source projects.
- Understanding and experience of managing technology products.
- Experience of working with failure-based testing.
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.