Senior Python / Django Developer (Commerce Backed)
Venuetize is currently recruiting a talented Sr. Django Developer to help build, lead, and extend Venuetize’s Commerce platform. This role would manage a team of Python/Django Developers.
- Design and architect RESTful webservices in Python using Django to be consumed by multiple front-end platforms (iOS, Android, Web).
- Manage a team of Python/Django developers (Code Review, Work allocation …).
- Provide technical solutions that solve business problems and document technical solutions in an easy-to-understand format (E.g., Data Flow diagrams).
- Identify APIs that would need performance enhancements which would help scale to large volumes.
- Review existing architecture and recommend technical improvements.
- Improve existing workflows, rewrite or refactor code to improve service scalability and availability.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Frontend/Mobile Developers to design technical solutions.
- Work in tandem with Project Managers, Product Owners, Technical Architects, Frontend developers, other external vendors, and stakeholders.
- Ability to identify code bottlenecks, memory leaks using industry-standard tools.
- Contribute in Sprint grooming and planning meetings.
- Recommend engineering process improvements. (E.g., Branching and Release Strategies)
- Set team priorities.
- Provide development estimates (man hours) based on scope and provide practical and achievable ETAs to stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in Python / Django development and managing a team of developers.
- Backend architecture experience, (preferably with payment integrations).
- Solid foundation and understanding of industry best practices in Application Design and DB architecture.
- Experience with Python webservers.
- Ability to take on and lead large and complex initiatives.
- Working knowledge of SQL, MySQL, and/or PostgreSQL databases.
- Working knowledge on CI/CD tools.
- Natural aptitude for problem solving.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience with payment gateway integrations (FreedomPay, Auth.net, WorldPay).
- Experience developing applications that scale and sustain high traffic volumes.
- Experience with Kafka or any other distributed event streaming platform.
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com.