Mobile UI/UX Designer
We are growing! Venuetize is currently recruiting for a talented Mobile User Interface and User Experience Designer (“Mobile UI/UX Designer”) to join our team. As a Mobile UI/UX Designer, you will report into the Creative Services Director and be focused on supporting the Product organization. You will be involved in evolving our mobile products and mobile applications into beautifully designed, intuitive, easy to use, modern, and compelling user experiences. You will work with both internal teams and external customers to design new products/mobile apps. This position requires a very strong background in digital design to create unique and user-friendly designs. This is also a role that requires collaboration with a wide set of personnel, functional teams, and stakeholders, both internal and external, including: Sales, Engineering, Product, Marketing, Clients, as well as third party vendors.
- Understanding UX processes and methodologies and being the bridge between business requirements, user research, branding, visual design, and technology.
- Use business requirements, market research and customer feedback to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements for customer experiences.
- Design sketches, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups, interaction models, specifications, and prototypes.
- Lead client meetings, reviewing your design vision, demonstrating features and flows through mocks and prototypes, and evangelizing the user experience.
- Leverage the unique insights gained from building prototypes to improve the technical and experiential quality of designs and work directly with engineering teams through delivery of products.
- Preparing presentations, demos, style guides, and related design and user experience documentation.
- Handing off proper graphics files to Development teams at various stages of the documentation.
- Develop and maintain detailed design patterns that scale.
- Develop and build relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency on Venuetize projects.
- Support internal teams with relevant design needs e.g., website, sales or product presentations, RFP’s, etc.
- Keeping up with the latest changes in mobile design standards and best practices.
- Studying competitors and other similar applications.
- Closely working with the Development teams for innovative new approaches to UI/UX.
- At least 3 years’ experience and a proven track record designing usable interfaces for both desktop and mobile applications (in both iOS and Android OS)
- Have a great eye for design and obsess over UI design
- The ability to adapt existing brand guidelines into new application designs
- Knowledge and understanding of user-centered design techniques and principles
- Experience working in a Product and Engineering environment
- Experience with Design Sprints involving design, prototyping, and testing ideas with customers
- Strong grasp of behavioral science related to mobile usage
- Excellent oral communication skills to effectively communicate interaction and design concepts
- Experience with rapid prototyping, from paper to pixels, and not afraid to quickly test out prototypes and iterate on that design as a continuous process
- Strong experience in:
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Sketch
- Prototyping tools, such as Invision
- Self-starter, working well with little oversight
- Portfolio required
- Experience with the Atlassian toolset, including JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working in a remote environment with a distributed workforce across multiple time zones
- Able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Writing skills: specifically, concise, engaging, user-focused copy
Please provide an online portfolio or list of mobile applications that you have designed that can be downloaded from the app stores.
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.