Location: Remote; Major US City
Start Date: April 15, 2021
We are looking for a dynamic, high-energy Marketing Manager (“MM”) that has experience working in the sports, gaming and/or hospitality (“SG&H”) markets. We want a problem-solver who understands that marketing’s main goal is to help grow our business by continuously driving new leads into our pipeline. The ideal candidate will have the ability to roll up their sleeves and contribute in the areas Web, Creative, Social, SEO, and Lead Generation through Digital and Email Campaigns.
As the MM, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Working closely with the marketing team, as well as sales team members to align marketing activities with sales goals, ultimately creating and executing a go-to-market (GTM) plan that helps the company achieve its revenue target.
- Overseeing external partners that help our company in the areas of business development, market research, public relations, awards, lead generation, website content and management, social content and awareness, and industry awards.
- Own, manage, and execute digital and email campaigns, while measuring and reporting on effectiveness.
- Manage social channels by continuously posting and interacting online with relevant and timely content, people, and companies.
- Working with internal resources and our marketing partners to create and design content and product marketing materials that help drive new leads for the sales team.
- Track the impact of marketing on sales, what is working, what isn’t, and provide reports and analysis to the leadership team and others in an effort to continuously improve our business.
- Work with client success to create success stories, press releases, and webinars, to drive new sales leads.
- Continuously working with the sales team to ensure all customers are strong references for Venuetize and are participants in Venuetize events.
- Working closely with our sales, client success, and product teams to ensure we are capturing valuable data and providing insights back to our clients that help them improve their business and recognize value from their investment with Venuetize.
- Manage conferences and events to ensure successful execution of industry sales and marketing events, including attending events in support of the sales and business development teams when appropriate.
- Attending onsite meetings at prospect and/or client sites.
- Working with the Director of Marketing to create, manage, and execute the overall marketing plan while staying within the annual budget allotted for overall marketing spend.
- Utilizing industry and trade content and magazines to identify industry trends, sharing pertinent information with sales and product teams to ensure the company stays on the leading edge.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience within the sports, gaming, and/or entertainment technology space.
- Technical knowledge and experience in mobile or related technology software platform, SaaS and/or PaaS.
- Previous experience in creating leads to help drive sales results.
- Ability to build and foster relationships, both with clients as well as internal and external partners.
- Excellent communicator – exceptional written and verbal communication, listening, and negotiation skills.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment and/or startup.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, strong analytical skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of CRM Systems to manage lead flow, preferred.
- Skills in Photoshop, Sketch, Canva, email marketing tools, a plus.
- Travel required – up to 40%.
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.