Lead Python/Django Developer
Location: Tampa, FL; San Diego, CA
Start Date: February 5, 2020
Venuetize is currently recruiting for a talented Lead Python/Django Developer to join and lead our Commerce Development team.
The Lead Python/Django Developer will work with our team of talented engineers and architects to design and build the next generation of our Venue Platform. Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead development of RESTful APIs and microservices in Python using Django, MySQL, and Postgres.
- Identify and improve API performance (latency, DB queries, etc.), and write API unit tests.
- Improve existing workflows, rewrite or refactor code to improve service scalability and availability.
- Develop integrations with 3rd-Party services and APIs.
- Designing and developing RESTful webservices to be consumed by multiple platforms (iOS, Android, AngularJS, React Native, and Web/HTML).
- Collaborate with Frontend and Mobile Developers to optimize API usage.
- Write unit tests (TDD), debug and improve code quality, stability, and scalability.
- Ability to estimated (LOE); and target delivery dates based on LOE and Resource availability.
- Document technical designs and Proof-of-Concepts for other developers to leverage.
- Conduct code reviews for code produced by junior and senior developers on the team.
- Assign and prioritize work for Offshore development resources.
- Ability to identify code bottlenecks, memory leaks using tools and sound architecture.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Architects to define, design, and release new features.
- Lead priorities on related bug fixes and improving overall application performance.
- Leveraging best of new technologies to continue to innovate the Venuetize platform.
Who We Are:
We are innovators in people engagement for businesses where large groups of people congregate. Venuetize is a mobile-first platform as a service, leveraging an integrated ecosystem that optimizes the intersection of personalized data, marketing analytics, relevant/targeted content, and interactive technologies in order to acquire, retain, and monetize loyal user bases across multiple market verticals. Venuetize’s platform specializes in deep third party integrations and location-detection for contextual awareness. Venuetize was established in 2014 as a means of capitalizing on the highly fragmented market around the venue-based sports and entertainment industry.
Using our market-ready, cloud-based platform, we provide innovative, mobile-first solutions that are dynamic, interactive, and social, experience-driven, and lifestyle-oriented. Our platform offers a centralized orchestration layer connecting various venue services, disparate infrastructure, systems, and bi-directional data and analytics to dynamically serve up contextually-relevant and personalized content, experiences, and services to users via their mobile devices. A user’s context is derived by combining time, location-detection sensors, self-identified preferences, and user behavioral analytics. And the result is an unparalleled engine powering personalized user experiences and targeted customer engagement.
For more information, visit http://www.venuetize.com, follow Venuetize on Twitter or connect with Venuetize on LinkedIn.
- 7+ years of experience in Python / Django development
- Expertise in the following technologies:
- Python / Django
- Web Services / Microservices
- Amazon Web Services
- Strong working knowledge of tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Backend architecture experience, (preferably with payment integrations)
- Experience with Python webservers, (particularly w/ libraries like Django, Jinga2, and Webapp2 a plus)
- Experience with NoSQL databases, (is a plus)
- Experience with RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Celery, (is a huge plus)
- Experience with AWS / Cloud Hosting, (is a big plus)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, MySQL, and/or PostgreSQL databases
- Working knowledge on CI/CD tools like TeamCity or Jenkins (is an added plus)
- Solid foundation and understanding of industry best practices in Application Design and DB architecture
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com.