Lead Java EE Developer
Location: Tampa, FL; San Diego, CA
Start Date: October 1, 2019
Venuetize is currently recruiting for a talented Lead Java EE Developer to join and lead our Java Development team.
The Lead Java EE Developer will work with our team of talented engineers and architects to design and build the next generation of our Venue Platform.
Who We Are:
We are innovators in people engagement for businesses where large groups of people congregate. Venuetize is a mobile-first platform as a service, leveraging an integrated ecosystem that optimizes the intersection of personalized data, marketing analytics, relevant/targeted content, and interactive technologies in order to acquire, retain, and monetize loyal user bases across multiple market verticals. Venuetize’s platform specializes in deep third party integrations and location-detection for contextual awareness. Venuetize was established in 2014 as a means of capitalizing on the highly fragmented market around the venue-based sports and entertainment industry.
Using our market-ready, cloud-based platform, we provide innovative, mobile-first solutions that are dynamic, interactive, and social, experience-driven, and lifestyle-oriented. Our platform offers a centralized orchestration layer connecting various venue services, disparate infrastructure, systems, and bi-directional data and analytics to dynamically serve up contextually-relevant and personalized content, experiences, and services to users via their mobile devices. A user’s context is derived by combining time, location-detection sensors, self-identified preferences, and user behavioral analytics. And the result is an unparalleled engine powering personalized user experiences and targeted customer engagement.
For more information, visit http://www.venuetize.com, follow Venuetize on Twitter or connect with Venuetize on LinkedIn.
- Designing and building modules on existing Spring-based Java EE Application
- Documenting technical designs and building solid foundational prototypes for other developers to leverage
- Code reviews for the work produced by the team
- Ability to identify code bottlenecks, memory leaks using tools and plug the holes
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Unit testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Working on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Designing and developing RESTful Webservices to be consumed by multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Web/HTML)
- Creating quick Proof of Concepts when working with 3rd party APIs
- Use 3rd party APIs to integrate into our system
- Deploy on Amazon Web Services
- Leveraging best of new technologies to continue to innovate the Venuetize platform
- 5+ years of experience in Java EE on Spring development
- Expertise in the following technologies:
- Java EE
- Spring MVC
- Web Services/Micro services
- Apache Tomcat
- Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge on Continuous Development tools like TeamCity is an added plus
- Solid foundation and understanding of industry best practices in Application Design and DB architecture
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or similar certification
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.