Junior Project Manager
Location: Tampa, FL
Start Date: October 15, 2019
We are currently seeking a hard-working, collaborative Junior Project Manager to complement our team and help support the management, development, and delivery of our eCommerce solutions and mobile applications.
This is an internal stakeholder and client-facing role that requires the Jr. Project Manager to work with a wide set of functional teams, including: Product, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Legal, Creative Services, Marketing, as well as third party vendors and clients. Therefore, excellent cross-functional collaboration skills and a solid understanding of how business and technology teams operate are essential. You will need to be someone who is a self-starter, can dive deep and quickly learn the business, our technology, and Venuetize’s organization. Jr PMs help support our Product Team as they work to deliver highly-complex software products to our clients. We keep our tempo high, so you must be able to hustle to get things done.
As a Junior Project Manager at Venuetize, you will work closely with our Product Team to help capture project artifacts, document the decision-making process, communicate delivery timelines to stakeholders, and help to insure projects remain on schedule. The Junior Project Manager will also work closely with our client-side and back-end engineering teams to relay development updates to Product stakeholders. You must be willing to dive deep into the details while maintaining the full picture and guiding everybody you work with toward delivering on the project vision while managing client requirements, project dependencies (both internal and external), and stakeholder expectations.
The Junior Project Manager may travel to meet with stakeholders and other team members in the planning and execution of mobile product delivery. This is a hands-on role, including: participating in Backlog Refinement calls with the Product Team and clients, documenting the scope of work during Sales Handoff, Project Kickoff, Sprint Planning, tracking Backlog items against project timelines, and overall project administration. Our pipeline is overflowing. If you’re hungry to drive a piece, we’d love to talk with you.
The Junior Project Manager must be
- An innovative, flexible, on-your-feet problem solver, able to advocate for what you think is important while knowing when to listen for alternative concerns and approaches you may have missed.
- An excellent communicator (written and oral) and obsessively organized. You need to be able to fluently speak business and tech. You can manage multiple projects, working with multiple Product Owners, across various stages and keep them all on track.
- Ultimately responsible for capturing crucial details and documentation throughout the product lifecycle.
- A rare combination of intelligence, vision, empathy, and a “get it done” attitude.
- Laser-focused Project Management instincts and a relentless attitude about delivering on time.
- A self-starter who is confident and able to move projects forward with little direction.
- Up to 25% travel required, depending on business needs.
Who We Are
We are innovators in people engagement for businesses where large groups of people congregate. Venuetize is a mobile-first platform as a service (PaaS), leveraging an integrated ecosystem that optimizes the intersection of personalized data, marketing analytics, relevant/targeted content, and interactive technologies in order to acquire, retain, and monetize loyal user bases across multiple market verticals. Venuetize’s platform specializes in deep third party integrations and location-detection for contextual awareness. Venuetize was established in 2014 as a means of capitalizing on the highly fragmented market around the venue-based sports and entertainment industry.
Venuetize is growing at a rapid pace which creates outstanding opportunities and exciting challenges. Using our market-ready, cloud-based platform, we provide innovative, mobile-first solutions that are dynamic, interactive, and social, experience-driven, and lifestyle-oriented. Our platform offers a centralized orchestration layer connecting various venue services, disparate infrastructure, systems, and bi-directional data and analytics to dynamically serve up contextually-relevant and personalized content, experiences, and services to users via their mobile devices. A user’s context is derived by combining time, location-detection sensors, self-identified preferences, and user behavioral analytics. And the result is an unparalleled engine powering personalized user experiences and targeted customer engagement.
For more information, visit http://www.venuetize.com, follow Venuetize on Twitter or connect with Venuetize on LinkedIn.
- Support the Product Team in the delivery of complex technical projects.
- Understand client requirements, dependencies, and timelines to help guide the scheduling and completion of work.
- Assist with intense collaborative product design workshops with high profile clients.
- Document meeting notes and action items during client and third party technical calls/in-person sessions.
- Keep product and project timelines and corresponding visual scheduling tools up to date.
- Develop and Manage project communication plans to a broad stakeholder audience, including: Venuetize executives, the Product Team, internal development teams, and third-party vendors.
- Travel to customer sites to facilitate and participate in hands-on testing of mobile solutions.
- Assist the Product Team in managing customer expectations.
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with our Client Success Specialists on UAT related activities.
- Keep abreast of developments in Venuetize’s target market verticals, including best practices and trends to create best-in-class end user experiences.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a digital environment.
- 1+ Project Management experience, specifically working with software development teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of working with multiple project stakeholders, including internal, client, and third-party vendors.
- Excellent oral and written communications, presentation skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients, internal teams, third party vendors.
- Experience working in a remote environment with a distributed workforce across multiple time zones.
- Able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Must be a diligent, highly organized, execution-oriented professional, with an ability to grasp the big picture, demonstrate keen attention to detail, and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues.
- An understanding of the mobile landscape and experience with native application design and development standards.
- Intellectual curiosity to research, learn, and apply industry knowledge.
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a heavy workload while maintaining a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Active PMP certification
- Interest in attaining or possession of Scrum Certifications (CSM, CSP, CSD).
- Working knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Domain knowledge and experience in mobile commerce, e-commerce, point of sale systems, digital marketing, and/or loyalty is valued.
- Domain knowledge and experience in live events, sports and entertainment, casinos and hospitality, and/or retail environments, is valued.
- Bachelor’s degree.
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.