We are currently seeking a hard-working, innovative, and collaborative Director, Implementation to help support Executive Leadership, Development/Engineering and the delivery of our web-based and native mobile applications to client stakeholders.
This is a management role that requires the Director, Implementation to work with a wide set of personnel, functional teams and stakeholders, both internal and external, including: Sales, Engineering, Product, Operations, Customer Support, Finance, Legal, Creative Services, Marketing, as well as third party vendors. Therefore, excellent leadership, management, communication (both written and oral), cross-functional collaboration, project management, program management, resource management, and influencing skills are essential. You will need to be a self-starter, who can dive deep and quickly learn the business, technology, process, and organization. We keep our tempo high, so you must be able to “hustle” and “roll your sleeves up” to get things done.
As the Director, Implementation at Venuetize, you will manage our team of Senior Project Managers. The Director, Implementation will also work closely with our Engineering leadership to improve efficiencies, measure deployment timelines (comparing progress over time), and optimize a highly repeatable delivery process. The Director, Implementation is responsible for continuously ensuring process, people, and organization structure are optimized to most efficiently enable the business to scale rapidly to support a growing customer base. You must be willing to dive deep into the details while maintaining the full picture and guiding everybody you work with toward delivering on the vision.
The Director, Implementation may be required to travel to meet with stakeholders and other team members for planning and implementation purposes. This is a hands-on role including: managing a team of Senior Project Managers, coaching the Senior Project Managers and assisting with process improvements, deeply understanding each Senior Project Managers’ client needs and initiatives, and being a “driver” of all things Project and Implementation-related. Our pipeline is overflowing. If you are hungry to drive a piece, we would love to talk with you.
- Managing a diverse team of Senior Project Managers.
- Interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and training new Project team members.
- Organizing, developing, and enabling Project team members for success in their roles.
- Ensuring that the mission, values, and standards are upheld.
- Liaising with Sales for smooth and efficient handoff processes between Sales and Implementation.
- Liaising with Customer Success to communicate customer status, suggest areas of focus for improvement.
- Liaising with Customer Support to understand Incident Management statuses of all customers.
- Defining, tracking, and regularly reporting on departmental metrics; creating related dashboards for centralized visibility.
- Grasping scope outlined in customer contracts (i.e., statements of work (“SOWs”)), gathering accurate requirements, relaying scope to Engineering teams, Release Planning, capturing accurate Documentation, and executing delivery of Mobile and Web software products.
- Coaching Senior Project Managers on understanding Venuetize’s full suite of products and services, pricing and billing structures, and performing related scope management and upselling of Venuetize products and services to existing customers.
- Performing oversight and enforcement of Senior Project Managers proper and time tracking requirements in JIRA.
- Responsible for getting out in front of OS updates to ensure product integrity, performance continuity, of both the Venuetize platform as well as customer-specific deliverables; understanding new capabilities within the release and determining if we should be leveraging those features in our apps; responsible for keeping Confluence up to date on OS versions and devices supported by Venuetize.
- Regularly meeting with direct reports/team members to better understand their clients and piece of the Portfolio.
- Mentoring Senior Project Managers on Story Authoring to make sure that scope of work is clear and concise.
- Participating in Grooming sessions to ensure all client work is properly scoped, understood by Engineering, and scheduled accordingly.
- Acting as a Servant Leader to assist in removing impediments for the Project teams.
- Managing your own client projects to keep a pulse on the delivery process and stay in-tune with the industry and our business.
- Primary client interface for certain strategic clients/accounts.
- Establishing a Management Guild to ensure various departments are working cooperatively and communicating to enhance delivery processes.
- Acting as a Project liaison to Executive Leadership and reporting Project team status and metrics to the business.
Up to 20% travel required, depending on business needs.
- 10+ years of professional experience in a digital environment.
- 5+ years of Project Owner/Management experience.
- 3+ years of management experience in the Information Technology industry.
- Abilities to lead, guide, manage, mentor, and inspire Project team members
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of working with multiple direct reports, project stakeholders, including internal, client, and third-party vendors.
- Excellent oral and written communications, presentation, and negotiation skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with direct reports, clients, various internal teams, and executive leadership team.
- Experience working in a remote environment with a distributed workforce across multiple time zones.
- Able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Must be a diligent, highly organized, execution-oriented professional, with an ability to grasp the big picture, demonstrate attention to detail, and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues.
- An understanding of the mobile landscape and experience with native application design and development standards.
- Intellectual curiosity to research, learn, and apply industry knowledge.
- Equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution.
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
- Active Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Domain knowledge and experience in mobile commerce, e-commerce, point of sale systems, digital marketing, and/or loyalty is valued.
- Domain knowledge and experience in live events, sports & entertainment, casino / gaming operations, retail environments, and/or eCommerce is valued.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- Proficiency with proximity-based technology driving interactive experiences.
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com.